Thursday, April 22, 2010

what was up with that?!

SUPER LIST UPDATE OF EPIC PROPORTIONS! not really. I just haven't done this in a while. I haven't even crossed anything off. Now I'm just putting it down, before it even got a chance. My god, girl, STOP IT. Yeah, I just realised I'm in one of those moods where I'm being a bit of a spaz. Ah well, enjoy.

First on the list is 43). Learn to speak danish. I started listening to the podcasts. The first one was awesome. I can now say hi and bye formally and informally. And the second one was all about ordering coffee. I do truly love iced coffee. But that's as far as the love goes. Normal coffee is just used for pulling all-nighters. Line drawn. But I figured I'd hold out and listen so I learn how to ask for things from coffee shops. SHE SPOKE SO FAST. Change from oh look repeat this one word three times to repeat this REALLY long sentence. That I said really fast. That I won't break down to manageable chunks. *cue evil laughter*. I haven't listened since. All I remember is "yava got be-a-man cofi, tuk". That's right. I'd like some coffee. In my version of danish. I bet you feel smarter. Unless you are danish. In which case I bet you feel insulted. Or like giggling. Either way.

I have tried new recipes for 45). It was good fun. Last tuesday H came over and helped me cook veal mushroom something ness. And when I say help I mean, basically, I 'directed'. As in, looked confusingly at the recipe and ate bits of mushroom. So it doesn't really count as trying new recipe. But this tuesday I cooked alone and made a mess and didn't have all the ingredients but put gnocchi something something rather on the table. Papa loved it. I wasn't hungry. Mother dearest and Munchkin didn't like it. But still, new recipe. Which I'll write up later when I next need to procrastinate.

Last saturday I went to the city again. I thought I was getting better. I thought I was at the stage where I could walk around and not feel completely lost. Turns out I was lying to myself. I had no idea where we were. But I didn't really care tbh; only the 'crap, you'll never cross 48). off' bit of caring. But yes, much learning to be had. done? Much learning, all the same.

I wanted to get my tattoo for 55). this saturday. I was mad excited for it. Bout frikin time. But then A trips me out by saying I'm meant to research the place I want to get it done at first. In depth research. About artists and their style and the time they take and other people's opinions. SHITE. I didn't want that. I wanted a vague air of teenage immaturity to it. I didn't want to it to be super planned. If I didn't feel comfortable in a place I wouldn't get my tat there. Simple as that. But now I feel like I'm being irresponsible if I don't. And I really don't want an "I-told-you-so" moment. GRRR.

This is already crossed off but for 60). right, my 'free hugs' t-shirt? NO ONE WANTS MY HUGS. People will tell me about their lung cancer and three wives and daughter and allergy to penicillin, but I don't get hugs! I'm wearing it to the next drunken party. Drunk people love hugs, right? I hope so. Otherwise I class the shirt as a fail. And I don't know if that means I have to redo 60).

Boring one. 68). Back up computer one. I just put all the important stuff onto Jasper so back up successful. Woo. Go team.

Jasper makes me feel like I type faster. It's the new shiny-ness for sure but I'm just going to check, ok? I shall be typing about Aesop's fables for 3 mins. If there is an excessive amount of punctuation I will throw something. DUDE. They updated the site. And I can't remember how I went last time. But! my typing speed is now 45 words per minute but I made mistakes so they averaged me down to 39 words per minute. I'm on the higher end of average. This shouldn't make me so happy. Not quite 80 wpm for 69). Im beginning to think that that was much too ambitious.

I BOUGHT PLANE TIX TO MELBOURNE!!! You have no idea how hard it was to contain that so as to maintain a chronological flow. Damn OCD. I get to visit family, visit Rach ( I still haven't gotten her letter. I will throw things at the postman or woman ) and cross something off my list. I'm absolutely positive I can find a place in Melbourne I haven't been to before so I can cross off 79). YAY. But I'm more excited about visiting people. Obviously. And flying. I love flying so much. Did I mention, YAY!?

And lastly, at house sitting place there was a double bed. Twas amazing. But odd. I'm so ridiculously not used to it. And now Xander seems really small ( If the naming of inanimate objects has struck you as odd, i apologise. I enjoy naming things ). When I get to cross off 101). there will be some mixed feelings. Single beds leave so much more room in the room. But that's the only advantage I can think of.

I had other news. Random bits of crap. The title of this blog is reference to todays garfield comic. Go forth and find. I got a hair cut. No it's not dramatic or purple or shaved. It's just slightly shorter. I'm planning to redo the blue tomorrow. I kind of want to go blonde now. Why can't I make a decision and stick to it!?! I'm trying to cut the word 'like' out of my vocabulary. I use it excessively. It's pathetic. And so teenage-girl. So it shall stop. And I'll sound classy. haha.

MuchLove

1 comment: