Wednesday, April 28, 2010

book #7

So I'm pretty sure this book is called Erasure. Or Fuck. Whichever. I'll know what you're talking about. It's by Percival Everett. And I did quite enjoy it, even though it was worlds away from what I normally read ( ie. young adult fiction ).

The main character's name was Thelonious. How amazing, right? I want an awkward never-before-heard name. Would be the MOST fun. Especially if I was an almost famous writer.

I liked this book for its odd composure. I just spent 5 mins trying to think of the right word. It's still not right. I shall explain: The author switches between first person to letters to a book within a book and back again. It makes for an interesting read. Ooh and the paper changed with the changes. I found that quite cool.

Little things annoyed me. And then over analysing them annoyed me further. I couldn't work out if the author included these little things to bring attention to the issues or because that was his opinion on the issue.

I have a hard cover version of this book. I don't understand why, but reading hard cover seems more fun. WHY? That's just silly.

4 stars. I enjoyed it but the ending threw me. And they kept chucking in not-english. ARGH, I SPEAK ENGLISH. Not whatever this italicised ness is. WOAH. Ness is a word, according to spell check!? Sorry, so easily side tracked.

No comments:

Post a Comment