Saturday, February 27, 2010

CAKE!

It's late in the month and somewhat boring and I practically forced myself to do it but I completed 45). for this month. We had a ridiculous amount of oranges so I turned them into cake. logically.

RECIPE: [ORANGE POPPYSEED CAKE]
ingredients:
125ml ( 1/2 cup ) milk
1/3 cup poppyseeds
180g unsalted butter
220g ( 1 cup ) caster sugar
1tsp vanilla extract
3 eggs
finely grated zest of 3 oranges
125ml ( 1/2 cup ) freshly squeezed orange juice
375g ( 2 1/2 cups ) plain flour
2tsp baking powder

method:
Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a 24cm cake pan with baking paper.
Place milk and poppyseeds in a bowl and stir. Let stand for 20 mins.
Beat butter, sugar and vanilla together in a large bowl with electric mixers, until light and pale. Add eggs one at a time.
Gently fold in zest, juice and poppyseed mixture. Then fold in flour and baking powder.
Spoon mixture into pan and bake for 45-50 mins.

Yummm... this is T's piece. With cream and caramel topping.

I didn't actually get to take the cake out of the oven. I got munchkin to do it for me. I had to go pick up T. I almost died in the process. Combination of too many people and a giant car and a tiny street. We all survived though. Car included. Grandparents came over and we all enjoyed cake. Parents started FebFast a weekend early so they got to have sugar for the first time in a whole month. Dad looked pretty happy. I'm guessing I'll be that way come monday when I can start drinking again.

And, side note, that box I forgot to take home from the last time I baked for 45). - is still AWOL. One day, it might make it back. Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment