Thursday, February 25, 2010

book #4

A kindly lent me Guilty Pleasures by Laurell K. Hamilton. First off, THANKY RACH! she recommended this book to me ( Well, A did first, but that was before I started my list and therefore wasn't compelled/forced to read all recommended to me ) and I loved it. So much. I'm already ripping into the second one. I apologise in advance because the next several book reviews will be me pretty much gushing over how fucking UHMAZING this series is.

It's quite similar to the Sookie Stackhouse series, which I also Loved. Yes it's capitalised. Love might be a strong word but it's not conveying just how mindblowingly special these books are. I'm such a vampire series junky. haha.

No but this one is different! It's got zombies too, and other un-dead and lycanthropes which is trippy speak for Were-creatures. The main character, she's so cynical and bad-ass and honest to herself. Which is going really well with my love affair with honesty I'm having atm. I'd quite like to live in her reality, which Hamilton paints so beautifully. Not many people can write like she can.

Obviously, 5 stars. I'd read this again and again and again... etc. until the pages fall out and its no longer a book but worn pages that resemble a book. I'd also recommend it to anyone and everyone. So, yeah, go read it! you most likely won't regret it ( because nothing is certain in this world; who am I to know you're not a spaz who can't/won't appreciate an excellent book? )

No comments:

Post a Comment