Saturday, February 20, 2010

book #3

Fangland by John Marks is an odd book. One of those ones that when you finish you sit back and go... wtf just happened?! It was pretty cool though. I think I've mentioned before that I love the whole vamp genre for the different ideas and consequences of immortality. THIS BOOK DELIVERED. I was fascinated by how it explored death and the brutality of murder and how suffering is affected by time.

I love reading diaries. It's no secret. If there is a book that is set out like diary entries I will read it so fast you won't have time to blink. Well, no, not really, but I will read it pretty darn fast. I guess it's because of the personal nature, the honesty. This one had diary entries = ) it also had emails. and then from different people's perspectives. And then broken up into 15 'books'. It kept me hooked, even through in parts I couldn't follow.

Favourite bit was the frazzled mother-of-two accidently blowing her self up. It was just so obscure and unexpected. Probably not meant to be, but I found it hilarious in a twisted sort of ironic way. I also like how real events like 9/11 were included in it. Just made it a tad more relatable.

I'm giving it 4 stars. It got me thinking in new ways. I now just have to work out who it belongs to so I can return it...

No comments:

Post a Comment