Friday, January 29, 2010

fetching tea and whatnot

As promised: before and after shot...

See what I learnt from years of watching Rex on SBS - yellow writing can be seen no matter what, if you outline it in black! well I shadowed it but yeah, same idea. This is a terrible selfie. And the only plausible before shot I found was from New Year. It was less than a month ago so yay for close enough?! So yes, you can see just how much hair I got cut off. A LOT. My lovely hairdresser suggested making a pillow out of it... I have a fringe which looks ridiculous unless straightened and the green chunk is still there and actually more visible than usual, just not in this pick =S E has kindly offered to help me redo it so it can be blue how it's meant to be. YAY.


Happy Australia Day for the other day! Hope you had an epic day. I certainly did. Alone though. Mother dearest wasn't feeling great and was therefore sleeping. Papa took the opportunity to try and build things silently. Munchkin had a friend over, T was off celebrating with family in the city and all my friends had parties or events. So I took myself to the Rocks to see a bunch of free bands in the stinking hot. Yes, I'm that clever. I missed my train by maybe two seconds because M and E drove past and stopped for a chat. Which was awesome to see they were still alive after the gathering from the night before, but the 30 min wait for the next train was not so awesum. I got there, I got sunburnt, I felt amazingly lonely because everyone else seemed to have someone else, I watched a bunch of bands and a bunch of people falling over ( equally entertaining ), I got a headache, I went home only to find out T was already at home, was only 5 mins away from where I was and if I had called/texted I would have not been alone. ARGH. It wasn't until the train home that I realised I got to cross something off my list. The whole free bands thing that I kept refering to it as was actually called: Festival of the Voice. Yipee for no more 9). I now feel the need to list and explain each band I saw:


1) Lanie Lane - I sat in the shade which was miles from the stage and therefore wasn't very involved in her performance. But man, could she sing. I want to sing like her. Or anyone who can sing, really. Besides the point, she was rather excellent despite the fact I was miles away, her music wasn't anything like what I normally like and I could't sing along ( which, random fun fact, I enjoy doing at concerts because it's loud enough people can't hear you )

2) Tia Juana and her Depths of Despair - Hilarious. I couldn't take them seriously. In between each song was a sappy oh my life has been ruined by love, I shall sing about it because my therapist said so, la di dah. They did like a depressive accoustic version of 'You're The One That I Want' from Grease. I giggled. Best part was a woman walking past going 'Oh, They're very french, arn't they?' and the woman next to me going, 'French!? It's not french, it's spanish!'. I had no idea either way but all the same, LOL.

3) Dallas Frasca - Had bright red dreds and a voice like pink. But sounded country-ish. And the sun again stopped me from going up close to the stage and proper enjoying it. ARGH.

4) Super Massive - This was the first band that I got to see kinda proper because the shade had spread enough. As much as I wanted to laugh hysterically at the lead singer's attempt at dancing I was in awe of the fact that she had the balls to dance like a maniac in front of a crowd. TBH ( To Be Honest, I've been reading a blog where there are all these shortenings and I drive myself mad trying to interpret them. So there you go ) the people I was sitting next to were more entertaining than the band. There were germans and british and obviously gays and OMG ( if you don't know that one, get off the internet ) they were funny. Drinking white wine from the bottle which was still in the brown bag and just commenting on the people around.

5) King Tide - Was a reggae group with 9 people on stage and was the oddest mix. The two singers were stark contrasts - one had baggy white pants and bandana decorated with convict arrows and red paint swirled on his chest, and the other was older and in a grey tailored suit with aviators. Odd. I left early. The dancers/swayers were freaking me out. All looking at the sky or eyes closed. eh? There was one guy with a clear bauble thing and it looked like it was on a string the way he made it move. UHMAZING.

6) Paul Capsis - There was a pic in the program, and for some reason he reminded me of Marilyn Manson. And that made me think he would sound like Marilyn Manson but in a burlesque jazz style. No. Manson's voice is so goddamn sexy and this guy's voice was girly. And not at all sexy. Amusing though. The guy with the guitar was cute enough to mask my dissapointment.

So yep. I got to know the Rocks a tiny bit better. I know them pretty darn well now. And then on thursday I went with T to TAFE in the city for his competitive interview. I sat in a hallway for over 5 hours. There was some cool people there though. Besides the point, 48). is gonna be a cinch if I keep having these mini adventures.

On sometime this week ( it would help if I had some sort of memory ) NO! it was monday! YEAH! over-reaction... anyway. On monday I met up with the gang plus D, L and R minus T.Which means I have completed 51). for this time period :) Pizza and then park ( pub wasn't possible because of the youngens amongst us ). I didn't drink coz I had car but I still had alot of fun. Only problem was I felt T should have been there. Oh well. There were no blow ups so I guess I should just be thankful.

I can cross off 91).!! Just as soon as I work out if it'll let me cross it off. So far it's been all NO, html is evil!! BACK AWAY. ( read: error message. html not allowed. ) I shall work on it. I really want to cross things off!! Back to 91)., my friend GSJ has been inspired to make his own list. I havn't seen it yet. He hasn't finished it yet actually. But YAY.

muchlove.

longest post ever? i think yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment