Thursday, September 30, 2010

day in the life of

I got rejected for the amazing apartment with the red wall and air-conditioning and balcony and hilarious laundry. By text message, no less. Such a bitch. I quite liked that place. I was full conscientious and what-not about it too. 13 years of getting it written on report cards and how does it help? IT DOESN'T. I got a freaking job, what more could they want? Seriously though, what do I have to do? I want to live in Kingswood. It shouldn't be this hard. On thursdays they have free dinner in the train station car park!! ( I finally figured out what the cult of plastic chairs was using as their front ).

What else?? I can now recite the alphabet backwards. Obviously, I can't demonstrate this skill over the net. But I promise this is actually a new skill of mine. I think I'm going to train up my right hand next. I bet your wondering where I got all this extra time to learn such crucial skills such as reciting the alphabet backwards, what with working and uni and sleeping!? Well you see, when you get paid handsomely for sitting on the phone for multiple hours, you don't have much to do with your hands. Or your brain. I started with pretty pictures, then moved onto the alphabet and realised I should use the time wisely and become ambidextrous. I believe it will work. Eventually.

I just finished watching season 5 of Supernatural. I felt super achieved, and then realised they've just started a new season. Which means I can't cross it off. Which makes me cranky. It ended well, too. It was all YEAH GOOD JOB!! and then no. They couldn't just let it be. So now I'm hooked on skins, finding myself speaking british because of it. It makes me feel like my childhood and teen years were muchos innocent. Which they were, unremarkably so, but I always thought that was typical. Skins makes me think not. Or that all brits are a ickle bit nuts. I haven't decided yet.

So I kind of, sort of just realised tomorrow is October, and I should therefore have a recipe for you. Since my life has been reduced to uni, work, sleep and train time I don't get to cook much. I made hamburgers for dinner earlier this month and scoffed at the idea of using hamburgers as a recipe because let's face it, it's a glorified sandwich. BUT FUCK IT.

RECIPE: [HAMBURGERS]

ingredients:
pack(?) of mince
2tbs Worcestershire sauce
1tbs tomato sauce
onion salt
pepper
egg
bread crumbs
baby spinach leaves
beetroot
cheese
damper rolls
your choice of condiments

method:
basically, chuck the meat in a bowl with the other ingredients down to bread crumbs. Mush it up, with your hands. When it's proper mixed, split it up and make it look like hamburger patties. Then cook them, until they're cooked. Obviously. If you want, you can toast your roll. Which you will, because it makes it better. Obviously, everyone likes their burgers differently, BUT if you want to make my idea of the perfect burger, you will have: bottom of roll, mayo, sweet chilli sauce, baby spinach leaves, cheese, meat, more cheese, beetroot, tomato sauce, top of roll. You may need a bigger mouth. COOL.

That was terrible. I'm so sorry.

MuchLove.

2 comments:

  1. It quite sucks that you were denied access to kingsworth, but you could always try again, no?
    Plus if you'd rather not try again with the same place, find a better one for the same amount of money? When one door closes another one is sure to open =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. All glory to the sandwich! I mean hypno-wich... Hypnotoad... Delicious bread based snackage.

    ReplyDelete