Sunday, October 3, 2010

hop to

I finally took happy froggy to the bank. His guts of 20c were all up 108$. This is the first 108 of 3000 for 63). so that I can purchase a king bed instead for 101). But yes! I took Munchkin to the bank with me, we made a ridiculous amount of noise at the coin machine and then had an overly friendly chat with the bank lady ( she's always miles too happy. I don't understand ). This pic is from a while ago actually. So there were even more coins than in this pic. Last time I took them out to count T was here and happy froggy split his other seam. More glue will be necessary if I'm going to fill him again. As much as T is great with sticky tape, I think glue would be more satisfactory. Actually, speaking of refilling him, should I stick with 20c or should I change?? Your opinion would be most helpful. COOL. Happy October everyone :) I'm officially 19 now, by the way.

MuchLove.

4 comments:

  1. I think you should do 5's, 10's and 20's
    that way, more money can fit in Happy Froggy and you can also get more currency deposited into the bank?

    ... or you could just stick with 20's? that's pretty good :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. for optimum space usage, a mixture of 5- and 20c pieces would be ideal. Given a good shake, the 5c pieces will slip between the 20c pieces, causing an increase in the density of the coinage, and therefore increasing the amount of money froggy can contain. However, to be truely optimal in terms of space-value ratios, $2 and $1 coins would be the best. Mostly because, for it's value, a $2 coin is ridiculously small.
    Also, how can someone with your OCD stand putting the dollar sign after the currancy amount??? IT'S SOO WRONG!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah see, that's where my OCD just decides to fuck with everyone else's. The dollar sign has always been a hang up of mine. I was taught in primary school that in Australia the dollar sign has two vertical bars. Which it does not. That's what I get for growing up on the coast. I probably have many other vast misconceptions still undiscovered due to my sub standard primary school level education. So after learning that it was all wrong, I decided writing the dollar symbol before the number didn't really flow for legibility or readability. So I wrote it the other way round. Have done so ever since.

    As for the coins, 2$ could be fun. When I started filling happy froggy I picked 20c because it was a big enough coin that it would fill reasonably fast but small enough value that others would be happy to part with to contribute to him. But I have 725 days so those variables are kind of irrelevant. What if I go 2$ and 5c pieces??

    ReplyDelete
  4. munchkin just put a bunch of 20c pieces in without saying a word, so i guess that's that decision made.

    ReplyDelete