Saturday, September 11, 2010

movie #10

So I'm not going to blog about each individual movie. That would be silly. But it gets a bigger picture? Yes. Good. Basically, I admitted I'd never seen all the star wars's before in front of people who were somewhat outraged at this fact. H was outraged enough to watch them all with me and put up with my dumb questions. There were a lot of dumb questions. I tend to forget that when I'm ridiculously confused I should probably think it out a bit before speaking. But I almost completely followed along! And it's not my fault if people don't age properly and sequels and prequels are all over the place. Also, it took us a ridiculous amount of time to watch them all. I'm talking months. You try following that over several months. There's so many goddamn characters who steal each others names and can't properly die.

There were some bits where I suddenly knew exactly what was happening and who was doing what and where. Not because I'm nifty at following along, but because I'd seen it before at some point. Cousin dearest assures me he has forced me to watch them at some point, but I don't believe him in the slightest. Mostly because I have no recollection of this besides a couple of scenes being familiar.

Cool thing about having seen them all now is that I get references. There's been a bunch of t-shirts on teefury with star wars references that I never would have gotten before but now it's all OMFG THAT'S HILARIOUS. Funny moment, Papa has had this dictionary thing since school and its got a pic of this fluffy thing on the front and I always thought he was a pansy kid for having an angry teddy looking thing on his school books. It was actually an Ewok. Papa was just a star wars nut. I'm not sure that's better. In other news, Yoda is freaking awesome. I had no idea.

I don't want to give it a star value. Not for any particular reason. Just don't want to. But I have to, so 4. Dandy.

No comments:

Post a Comment