Wednesday, May 5, 2010

asian mini-mart and other quests of late


My melbourne trip was quite the fun. It's really easy to sum up quickly but I'm pulling the my-blog-my-rules line, and giving a step by step run down. But feel lucky in that you were going to get in detail diagrams and pictures illustrating various aspects of my weekend, but Jasper doesn't have a MS Paint alternative. Well, Adobe Illustrator but thats going high-tech and beyond my knowledge. So therefore, no diagrams or pictures. Photos though! I'm not very good at taking the tourist shots. Or even happy snaps. I secretly hate people who take photos. It's such a 'What are you doing?!' response. Half the time there's no point. And the pouting scares me. So I try not to subject others to this treatment. But I took a couple :)

DAY 1. Papa rushes me out the door. I almost forget my ticket ( as in give me the keys, I forgot something important, I know we're in the car already, it's REALLY important ). I get there with LOADS of time. They say get there 2 hours before so i figured an 1/1/2 would be fine. And get there with 2 hours. Cool? anyhoo... Airport. People start asking me questions. Do I look like a frequent flier? WTF? don't ask me! Airport breakfast alone was surprisingly good. Then I bought myself a book :) One of the Charlaine Harris one's I am missing.


Then I got on this plane. The one in the front, not the red one. I was mad excited by this stage. I love flying. I was the jittery kid waiting at the gates of Disneyland and everyone else looked bored or terrified. And then flying got more cool points because I had a window seat. And then everything crashed and burned because I was put next to a small child. And small child's sibling next to him. And the sibling felt the need to fake scream. TERRIBLE. Get there, get picked up. Realise why I miss my aunt so much. She's just so frikin awesome. And my little cousins are pretty adorable. Right, and then I ditched them for Rach.

See the child in the pink dress? MOST ANNOYING CHILD EVER. And wearing crocs. Now you agree with me.

Got on a train at this station. Trains in Melbourne are fucked. They are so confusing. The screens suck, there's no maps, the trains only have one level and therefore so much less seating and they only tell you the final destination. LAME. Anyhoo, after a while of 'where are you? where am I? WHATS GOING ON!?', Rach and I got on a tram. Missed our stop. Walked around for long time. Found the missing asian mini-mart. Consumed cake. Marvelled at trippy owl backbacks. People watched at Federation Square. Twas awesome. I quite like Melbourne. There's some pretty cool people there ( I'm judging by their shoes. I think it's a pretty good indicator ). Yeah. So Rach had to be back to the boarding house by 9.30 so I got my aunt to pick me up because she offered and I already hated the trains with an acute intensity. But it was cold and I didn't want to wait outside in a foreign city... Ok, it was only the cold bothering me but I didn't want to sound completely hopeless. Anyway, avoiding the cold in a hotel foyer. They had awesome chairs. I was tempted to take a picture but I already felt odd enough that I was sitting in a random hotel. And then car trip back. Yip Yip.

DAY 2. Uncle and small ones took me to VIC markets ( YEAH, one more down! ). This is my little cousins in the car. Iris is pretend yawning. She's such a drama queen, it's hilarious. I really hope she grows out of the 'long hair and pink are my favourites' stage. Anyway. Markets. They're amazing. I could literally spend hours in there. I did spend hours in there. More hours then. They have fabulous cheese :) and clothes and shoes and jewellery and STUFF. Oh, yeah and wigs.


This is my cousin in a pink wig. Isn't she adorable?? NAWWW. I tried on this punk rocker blue crop style wig. Twas rad. But 50$. And it made my eyebrows look weird. So no extra blue hair for me. YUP. Left markets and Rach. WHAT ELSE DID I DO ON SATURDAY? darn memory, letting me down. Oh yeah. I found out there was a bathroom in my room. An en suite. I didn't explore my room at all. Woops.

DAY 3. I went to Danish school! It was fun. I felt so awkward though. I hardly understood anything. I was a sheep puppet in my aunts play. All I said was "yah". Which is Danish for "yes". EVERYONE WAS BLONDE. And then I watched Iris' class. They sang a song about a bear and then got chased. I got cranky at the feral kids. Then we went to ikea and marvelled at the marvellousness that is ikea. And then back to their home in Sunburry.
In the afternoon I had an intense desire to shop. So I took their other car ( i forgot to take a pic of the outside. SORRY! and it was amazing too ) and went down to the local shops and laughed hysterically at their sad excuse of shopping. Which was all closed anyway.
Flower buying then illegal photo taking of investment property for parents ( it wasn't really illegal, just felt that way. Empty house, no one around, taking pics and trying not to fall over on uneven soil ). I managed to get around by following a map. That's fucking amazing. That night, after dinner, little cousin Henry, who is only 18 months, was eating a yogurt. Which is mostly boring but he had the spoon in his mouth, and then was moving it up and down while watching it cross eyed. He looked so much like a chameleon. NAWWW.

DAY 4. Plane home! Which was hilarious because we were running extreme late. And it was my aunts birthday. And I got to the airport with literally minutes to spare. Then experienced the worst tasting cookie in the universe. Got asked more questions about flying and airports. Didn't get a window seat. And the woman next to me had fuzzy hair so I couldn't even see past her to the window. I've never been surprised by landing before. Yup. And then I went straight to uni. With my suitcase. SO MUCH FUN. ( this was where I would include illustration of how the size of my suitcase compared to the guy on the train this morning. He made me feel so much better ).

Ok, so I get to cross off travel to a new place and the market one, and I went two days without a computer ( I know, I'm still alive, crazy, right? ). This makes me happy.
The End.

This just reminded me of a bunch of guys from school. Which made me laugh. The 'gabba' bit. YUP.

MuchLove.

No comments:

Post a Comment