Wednesday, May 26, 2010

chicken tonight

Last month I said something along the lines of: "Next month I will make an amazing meal and take photos and hold onto the recipe as if my life depended on it". So I have a ridiculous amount of assignments, and procrastibaking is taking it too far at the moment. So I'm compromising and including another tuesday night recipe. From the checklist created by me last month: make an amazing meal ( check ). Take photos ( not check. I didn't think I'd be blogging it. ). Hold onto the recipe ( check! I half made it up and used online stuff so I have a record of it ).

RECIPE: [TERIYAKI CHICKEN]

ingredients:
500g chicken breast
4 tbs sake
8 tbs soy sauce
8 tbs mirin
4 tbs sugar
enough jasmine rice to feed x amount of people
frozen vegetable mix

method:
Put the rice in a bowl, covered and then some with water and put in the microwave for 10 mins. When it pips stir it and put it back in for 10. Meanwhile, chuck the chicken and all the other stuff in a bowl. But the bowl in the fridge for 15 mins. Cook up the frozen veg mix in a fry pan. once it starts to defrost put in a bowl to the side. Get the chicken out of the fridge, put vegetable oil in the pan and then put the chicken in. It'll splatter. Watch your eyes. Put the rest of the sauce in too. Let it simmer a bit. Then chuck the vegies back in. SERVE.

That was a bit blase. Woops. You get the idea though. I didn't really know what I was doing. If you follow the instructions on the vegie pack and the rice pack you should be fine. Everyone here loved it. I'm keen to make it again. So yay for May and 45). I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment