Wednesday, March 2, 2011

updates from down time.

So welcome back Me to uni, and therefore blogging, as procrastination will be a major element of this semester if the last two semesters are anything to judge by. I’m currently on a train. Back to my life of train journeys. WOOP. Obviously I haven’t suddenly gained tech knowledge and/or money for wireless internet so this will be a copy and paste job but all the same. I’m writing. And I am well aware it’s been a while. Sorry. Don’t freak too much, I haven’t been ignoring my list, just the blogging about it bit. Humm..

Also I went to London. So yes. I have every excuse. Mother Dearest even agreed.

LIST STUFF: I’ve actually done lots. I’m actually quite super at list crossing off of. Maybe not so super at English and grammar. Meh.

I crossed off 3). Go to a moonlight cinema session. I saw Toy Story 3. Hornsby council was awesome for once. They called it “Movies under the Stars” though. Personally I think my wording was much more nifty. I had a lot of fun! It was local so easy for us to gather and nicnic and watch the movie, despite the zillions of small children running around on sugar highs.

Can I just say that if you thought the Human Diseases Museum thing was cheating for 10). I was on a plane for 23 hours for a specific exhibit in the British Museum so stick that in your pipe and smoke it. Or not. Either way, I went to London for an exhibition which is super nerdy but mostly awesome. I did get other list stuff done there. I went to two different markets. Camden markets are so flipping awesome and I shall be going back there with loads of money to spend and a friend who likes the same sort of goth/punk/alternative style. I spent quite a lot of monies as it is. And then Old Spittalfield Markets which were tamer and grandmother approved ( ie. I could take my grandmother there without worrying about shielding her judging eyes ). I spent too much monies here too. SO MUCH FUN. I love market shopping, especially when it’s cheap.

I think travelling to the other side of the globe to learn more about Ancient Egypt probably warrants enough effort spent to cross off 44). Learn all I can ( and remember ) about Ancient Egypt, but I’m making it harder for myself and reading the giant book I was given and haven’t yet read before I cross it off. I will take a pic of it in relation to me so you can see what I mean by giant. FLIPPING MASSIVE.

62). Replace Zachariah, happened totally out of the blue. Zachariah was the most awesome fighting fish in existence before T accidently killed it by giving it too much food and then stirring the water. He literally exploded. I’ve put off getting a new one because my plans of moving seemed cruel to a fish. I don’t think driving around with a fish is intelligent. Anyhoo, I get a call from T saying “ I have a Siamese fighting fish eating all my other fish, help me”. So I take my kick-ass tank which glows and has diamonds instead of rocks and is powered by usb to T’s and get Rupert. He is red and kind of cranky and goddamn adorable. And the tank fit perfectly in the little box next to the driver in the car which is not called the glove box even though my mother keeps her gloves in there.

While I was in London I went several days without a computer. In fact on the plane over I went 24 hours without a computer but technically only 12 hours had passed so I don’t know if it counts. Which shits me. A lot. Anyhoo, for the moment, I will say some days with no specificity. I will check my travel diary ( which was technically my blog without the web bit for the trip ).

I have started 87). Go 6 months without fast food. On Monday, ie the last day of February, I went to maccas to get T and I breakfast. I spilt iced coffee all over Mother Dearest’s car. And now it reeks. T cleaned it really well so I don’t understand in the slightest. Serves me right. Freaking macca’s. I went about 2 years without macca’s so I’m not too fazed by this. It’s more the social aspect that will be awkward.

Simanda, my lovely work mate who I don’t work with anymore, sold me her bed! Her Queen sized bed. Which is a kind of double bed, so I can cross off 101). She up and left us in Australia in favour of love in America. She actually had a significant other there, she’s not some love seeking hippy. And she really is lovely. Anyhoo, it’s in my storage shed, just chilling, til I find a place to live. Which better be soon because my current bed is really quite tiny.

I’ve written loads! I’m almost at uni. Brilliant. Wish me luck with all my new subjects and whatnot. I think I have to keep a blog as part of my homework for one of my subjects. I love my course.

1 comment:

  1. I still have to save enough money for 1)
    I GOING TO DO IT EVEN IF IT KILLS ME! ...stupid mcdonalds

    ReplyDelete