Monday, March 14, 2011

The Lost Symbol

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown was pretty darn cool. One of those books that really makes you think. It introduced me to this whole new science called Noetic Science. Or something. Basically it explains the idea that thoughts have mass and therefore have an effect on gravity, the weather, etc. It also taught me a bunch about Washington and the Stonemasons.

This thick book is set over a day. ONLY ONE DAY. That, and the fact that the chapters are super short, you zoom through the book pretty quickly. I’d been pretty keen on reading it because Papa has been reading it since march last year and therefore it’s been out and around a lot, taunting me.( if you are thinking ‘hey, he didn’t zoom through it!’ he did, actually. It’s probably the first book he has persisted with ).

There was this one bit which I’m going to tell you about despite the fact that it is in fact a spoiler. The main character guy was put in a fibreglass coffin and drowned. So at this stage you are all ‘what the actual fuck. You can’t kill the main character. That’s cheating’. Turns out it’s not water but some super substance you can breathe. WEIRD RIGHT?!. But I want to try it. I think it would be very much like being a fish. I want that experience.

I’m thinking 4 stars. It was pretty entertaining, but not brilliant. Dan Brown always makes me think and I do appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment