Tuesday, August 10, 2010

snack time

See look? I'm being a responsible blogger again :) Be proud. And just ignore the fact that I didn't blog anything I said I would ever for the last month-ish. I feel mildly bad about that. But I'm in an update-online-me mood so you get to hear the recipe from last month. I'm making it again on monday. That's how goddamn amazing it was. In respect of honesty, I'm admitting the fact that I was quite tipsy at the time. So I wouldn't hold it against you if you didn't try the recipe until monday, after which I can give you a sober response to just how delicious this recipe is. But after that you have no excuses for not trying it.

RECIPE: [SWEET POTATO, BACON AND SPINACH BAKE]

ingredients:
1kg sweet potato ( peeled and chopped )
2tsp olive oil
175g rindless bacon rashers, roughly chopped
50g butter
pinch ground nutmeg
100g baby spinach leaves
salt and pepper
1cup grated mozzarella

method:
Preheat oven to 180. Grease a baking dish. Place sweet potato in saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil over medium-high heat.
Reduce heat and cook for 10mins or until just tender.
Meanwhile, heat oil in frying pan over medium heat. Cook bacon, stirring occasionally, for 5mins or until crisp. Drain on paper towel, set aside.
Drain sweet potato and return to pan. Add butter and nutmeg and mash until smooth.
Stir through spinach and bacon. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon into prepared dish.
Cover it with cheese, then bake it for 20mins or until cheese is melted.

So we added paprika and some other stuff when cooking the bacon and probably pulled it out of the oven early because of extreme hunger. You get the idea. I would kill for a cooktop with options like medium and high and medium-low. It would be so much more convenient that numbers up to 9. WHAT DO YOU EVEN MEAN??? And the recipe kept calling 'sweet potato', which is obviously the correct word, 'kumara'. What is this nonsense? Spell check agrees with me.

MuchLove.

No comments:

Post a Comment