Monday, July 12, 2010

12). Go on a roadtrip

I know! I'm sorry. /excuses and other crap. T and I went on a road trip to the central coast. Originally we were going to leave at 6 in the morning for some weird reason I can't remember. So I woke up really goddamn early to go road trippin' but then cranky morning me said fuck it and rolled over and went back to sleep. So come 8.30 we started road trip all the way around the block. That's how thrillingly awesome we are. Nah, his aunt is on hols so we stole her coffee, I ate pizza and T fed the dog.

And then we actually started driving. Crazy, I know. Full what blasting mix cds and singing along. The yellow dinosaur looked like it should glow in the dark. Hit central coast and they've changed EVERYTHING. Well not really, they just changed the road leading from freeway to old neighbourhood. Looked at my old house, considered visiting ( not breaking in per se, just looking around ) but there was a car out front and a window open. And I'm lazy. Then went to After School Care. It's looking pretty run down. AND THEY PUT A BUILDING IN THE MIDDLE OF MY FOTHERMUCKING FIELD. Community centre thing. I used to run around there completely feral, it was awesome. Lighting fires and being a bitch and pretending to be psychic. So much fun. No. Giant building instead. And then we ran away, drove past my primary school. There were extra buildings where the graveyard jungle used to be and giant half wall fence thing.

We visited where T used to live. Which doesn't even have a house anymore. Just land for sale. The pool was even filled in. Ooh, pic. Only proof I have of our adventure. Taken on my phone, btw. Totes impressed with it's amazingness. Be amazed with me.


There's a lake behind us. There were pelicans. It was so ridiculously freezing. My foot just went to sleep and pins and needles and I can't function. ARGH. Ok, better. Sorry, that was completely unrelated. Onwards.

By this stage I was starving because cold pizza and coffee isn't very good for hunger. So we went to where T used to work and had fancy breakfast. And I should have blogged about this earlier so it wouldn't be such an effort to remember everything. We went to this place called Magenta something. Houses out of no where! There used to be just some trees, a walking track maybe and a tip. And now there is a giant golf course and houses and roads and other stuff. NUTS.

We visited his grandfather who thought T was T's uncle. We visited T's friend who is VERY pregnant. T had a freak out. We bought a heater for T's grandfather, took his old heater, gave it to pregnant friend. And T also bought her a vacuum cleaner. Made sense if you were there. Then I drove and there are too many round abouts and T's car is too big and it was mildly terrifying. But we all survived.

And then the roads disappeared and it was dirt and tree stumps and rocks. We visited T's fake grandfather in the middle of no where. Part of me was convinced T had befriended me just for this moment where I'd trust him to drive me to this hole in the ground and then skin me alive or some shit. Wait, I drove myself to my own doom. Weird. Anyway, his fake grandfather is hilarious. There were geese and a giant dog and a crazy family and then other people stopped by and it was all a bit FARK, WHAT'S GOING ON but fun all the same. Fake grandfather has a tat of an eye on the top of his head. R suggested it was because he was in a cult but T assures me it was for a bet. A 'I bet you wouldn't get a tat of an eye on your head' bet.

And then we drove back to Sydney. I have no strong desire to go back to the coast any time soon. No offence, central coast but you scare me. High five for completing a road trip. YEAH.

No comments:

Post a Comment