Saturday, January 1, 2011

happy new year :)

I've been doing my list for a whole year now. It really doesn't feel that long. I haven't completed near enough, but that's ok because I've decided that this year is going to be goddamn awesome. Or else. Anyway, I've been adventuring all over the state and am finally home, have cleaned my room and have some time so I am updating, because I have been awfully slack of it lately. Sorry.

So chronologically, to please the OCD sufferer within us all:

I tried really hard to see the eclipse for number 13). It was the 21st of December. I was quite ill. In fact I had taken the day off work, travelled from the city where I was cat-sitting, to Hornsby, where I know there is a free doctors clinic just for a medical certificate. It seemed so far. So got the doctors cert, went all that way back. Collapsed on the couch and watched eps of heroes while feeling sorry for myself. Then remembered that the eclipse was that night, spent 30 mins psyching myself up for it and then going outside. I forgot that being in newtown there are trees and buildings fucking everywhere and I lacked the commitment to walk to somewhere with more sky view. So I missed it. I shall wait another 6 months for an opportunity to see a lunar eclipse. If it's cloudy or I somehow miss it again, so-help-me I'll kick something. After dealing with the pain associated with kicking something, I'll come up with a list of things titled eclipse that I could use here as the wording of this goal is a bit ambivalent.

So NYE last night, was in the city. We walked from Wynyard station to some wharf that was a bit past The Rocks. Which was fine, I know The Rocks, no list-ness there. On the way back though, instead of sitting and people watching and waiting for the masses to clear and get on a train later, we kept walking. Oh wynyard, you so full, let's go to town hall. No wait, too crowded too. We'll just walk to fucking central. I WALKED MORE THAN 3.5 KM. yes, I looked it up on google maps. My legs hurt :( But I now understand just how freaking massive george street is.

So as you well and truly should understand by now is the fact that I AM GOING TO LONDON. Quite soon, actually. 6ish weeks. FUCK YES. but list related, yes - I got my passport and can therefore cross off 54). Passports are funny. Well, Australian ones anyway. They have this bit in the middle you can't bend or put in water because it's got technology in it and it's all coloured purple with australian flora and fauna bullshit. ODD. But I have one, so I win :D

Last one, as we enter the new year, I finished a day planner diary whatsit. So I get to cross off 100). I also bought a new one, which is an improved version of the one I had for last year. It's actually super cool :)

So, I've completed 22 items on my list. If I continue at this rate, I'm fucked. But like I said goddamn AWESOME, or else. Lots of list stuff!

MuchLove

No comments:

Post a Comment